Fallout fans have clamoured to the news in the past 24 hours that ZeniMax, Bethesda’s holding company, have registered the URL “thesurvivor2299.com”. Currently, the site contains a countdown – currently on some variant of 26 days, which could hint at a possible reveal from the developer’s side.
While this doesn’t necessarily indicate that a Fallout sequel is imminent, there are some interesting facts:
- The URL can be separated into two terms: “The Survivor” and “2299″ (Pointing out the obvious, I know):
- The Survivor could allude to a new protagonist, considering the protagonists of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas were know as The Lone Wanderer and The Courier respectively.
- 2299 is a date consistent with the Fallout timeline, as Fallout 3 occurred in 2277 and Fallout: New Vegas in 2281.
- The sound heard on that site, which is Morse code indicates a date – the 11th of December 2013. It must be noted that Morse code was often heard on ham radios in Fallout 3.
- The source code of the site teases users ever further, with the following scraps of information.
To see the site itself, click here or follow the link above. To view the source code of the site, click here.